What’s your Hobby?
We believe that’s the same question that you have been answering since ages. This question started right from your school days and it might be still following you everywhere. From your college intro to your job interview; you answered it for over a zillion of times.
But, have you ever answered it for yourself?
During all these years, at some point in time, this question might have left you in silence; at least, for a while. Though you can’t answer it way too frankly, deep down, you know what exactly rejuvenates you.
Well, let’s leave this “hobby” word for a minute, and list down all the activities that you love to do in your spare time. Is there anything that brings a smile on your face when done even after having a miserable day? Yes, the same thing that you enjoy doing and your friends suggested you take a professional leap on it — we’ll talk about it.
“You control your own LIFE, Your own WILL is extremely POWERFUL”
If you are confused, ask your best buddy to help you make this list. Now, check if you can earn from your hobby, because, obviously, what could be better than earning from your passion?
Had it sorted? Ah! That feeling is amazing, we know.
Well, don’t get intimidated. This is just a beginning and there is a lot to do.
Before moving ahead, here are a few pro tips to consider for transforming your hobby into a business:
- What’s your Goal?
- Now, don’t say “earn from my hobby”. We are talking about real business goals. Like, you need to decide if you want to pursue this hobby business just as your side-business, want to earn living from your ideas or have some major goals like an opening numerous eCommerce stores of your brand. The type of your end goal is responsible for deciding the efforts you need to put into your business.
- Discover your true potential
- We are not talking about any professional course or if you are capable of handling business. But, are you really pro in your hobby? When you are selling something that you create, it can be your friend who will purchase something raw. Your clients are paying for your product, so they want it to be perfect. You can analyze your work and can get it reviewed from others as well. If you aren’t a pro, then we do suggest you opt for some professional course, learn from online tutorials, and grow your knowledge about your business. Always be open to changes and challenges and stay updated about business trends.
- Adopt a business mindset
- Gone are the days when you used to create something just for the sake of passing time or rejuvenation. You have started your own business now and you strictly have to follow the deadlines. Be firm as well as straightforward with your clients. Understand your customer requirement because a minute detail can be very important in modelling the masterpiece. Express your passion in your work and don’t leave anything unchecked. Adapt professionalism in dealing with your clients, and their satisfaction should be your utmost priority.
- Financial Support
- You could be a fashion designer, an artist, or some tattoo artist who is willing to take a leap on the business, but it calls for investments. If you have a job, investments might not bother you much, but if you don’t have, then you need to determine your financial backup plan for your business as well as for your sustainability. Bootstrapping is an amazing idea if you have funds. Otherwise, you can opt for a personal loan or get startup funds from government financing agencies or banks. However, be prepared with certain backup options to pay back the debt as well. For doing so, you need to have your business plan.
- Draft your Business Plan
- When taking your idea further, you need to settle for the products/ services you will be promoting from your business. You have to be farsighted along with thinking for the present. If you are manufacturing on your own, will you be able to complete bulk orders? If you are dealing with the numerous seasonal categories, how will you manage all the products? How much investment will you need for your business and your selling options to market your products? Make a draft of your business plan by answering a few questions like this. A single-page business plan can work as well. You need to draft it in a better way, especially if you are planning to take a loan.
- Gather the Basics of Marketing
- We know that you were a hobbyist and definitely unaware of the marketing tactics. But, since you have started a business, you need to be aware of the basic tactics to build and promote your brand. With a boom in digital marketing, it is comparatively easier for you to acquire knowledge online. These marketing tricks can be very helpful to analyze your competitors and draft the strategies for the success of your business.
- Do Not Panic, Just Try
- When converting a hobby into a business, an eCommerce store can help you connect with people around the world. Read more and you will find numerous technical jargon and discover various things, but do not panic. Be its case study, business story or even software that can optimize your business process, you may take time understanding them. However, gradually, you will get used to it. You will learn more with time and experience.
Do not wait for the right time and the right place. You have been planning on things for quite a long time. Get into action now. Build your hobby–store with Builderfly!