Providing a quality experience to your online customers majorly includes the payment procedure. It helps establish a strong customer-relation and opens the doors to business improvements. Convenient and flexible options for billing provide a better user experience. Moreover, business owners need to make sure that the online transactions done on their website are secure, dependable, and trustworthy.
Ways to enhance your payment procedure
If you are an online ecommerce store owner, you need to know the ways to enhance your payment procedure to provide the best customer experience. Below are a few ways by which you can do the same:
- Choose convenience for your customers such as recurring payment options and payment renewal options that can help you accelerate the payments. To implement this, you shall need to integrate multiple payment methods in your store such as payment through debit cards, credit cards, net banking, cheque, and COD.
- Minimize the risks involved in completing the payment procedures with your store. You need to integrate payment gateways that encrypt sensitive user data with advanced verification procedures and securing card/ bank details. You must make sure to provide flexible payment options to your customers so that they can complete the payment with your store for better customer satisfaction.
- Keep updating and communicating your customers about the due payments, failure of payments, and the status of payments so that they are assured of the same. It builds trust in your customers which in turn increases your sales as well as your business revenue.
Why should you consider providing the best user experience?
As said earlier, you need to provide the best user experience to retain your customers and increase your sales with every purchase. Poor customer experience can earn your online store a bad reputation that can drive your potential customers away and hence reduce sales. You need to make sure that you provide your customers with what they are looking for and focus on providing them with a smooth shopping experience with your store.
What is the role of payment gateways?
Every purchase ends with fulfilling the payment of the products to be purchased by your customers. It is the final step for your customers to get their desired products. The payment gateway plays an important role in improvising the complete purchase experience of your customers. Your customers must be assured that the payment they make is secure. The payment gateway you integrate decides whether your customers complete the purchase or leave an abandoned cart.
So, how can you gain your customers’ trust in using a secure payment gateway?
- Consider using a familiar payment gateway logo for your customers to know that they won’t be losing their money.
- Let your customers clearly know if your store uses the off-page payment method. If your customers are redirected without notice, it can be a suspicious notice for them.
- Ensure that the payment gateways you use are SSL certified and consider using a secure logo for the same.
How to pick the right payment gateway for your store?
Payment gateways can either be API integrated or can be hosted. API integrated payment gateways help the customer complete the payment and quickly complete the purchase without any hassles. On the other hand, hosted payment gateways redirect the customer to other secure payment gateways that increases the steps in fulfilling the payment. Although both the procedures are secure, in order to provide your customers with the best experience, online store owners prefer API integrated payment gateways i.e. a one-page procedure. However, you must make sure that with the integrated payment gateways, the checkout procedure must be equally simplified.
Before choosing your payment gateways, you must take note of the location and the type of customers you are focusing on your online store. Different regions and types of customers may prefer different payment gateways. It is advised to study your targeted customers before choosing your payment gateways.